tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sandy McArthur <Sa...@McArthur.org>
Subject Re: Os X
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:50:49 GMT
Sure, I develop on OS X with Tomcat as my test container.

1: Download the tar.gz binary.  Try to download it without letting
Safari automatically unpack it.

2: open a terminal and run: `gnutar xzf jakarata-tomcat-*.tar.gz`

3: change directory into jakarata-tomcat-*

4: create the file: bin/setenv.sh and enter these two lines:

#!/bin/bash
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home

5: start tomcat by either running `./bin/startup.sh` or
`./bin/catalina.sh run`

6: point your browser to http://localhost:8080/