tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leonard Sitongia <siton...@ucar.edu>
Subject Re: Cluster: No members active in cluster group.
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:19:03 GMT

On Apr 28, 2004, at 5:10 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

> yes, your multicasting is not working across machines.
> if any of these machines have more than one nic, there is an
> "mcastBindAddress" property that you can bind the listener/receiver to
> the specific NIC, since multicast can be tricky on multi home machines.

Ah, I was just thinking about this.  Yes, these hosts have many NICs.
They are running SunCluster (which I'm using as the loadbalancer, and
this is making use of Sun's official SunCluster Tomcat agent).

What would that property statement look like?  I don't see it in the
Tomcat docs.  Would it be something I add to the server.xml in the
Membership, like

mcastBindAddress="128.117.224.85"

(that's the IP of the main NIC of the node).

Thanks for all your help!