tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Freddy Villalba Arias" <fvilla...@madrid.bilbomatica.es>
Subject JTA support
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:28:07 GMT
Hello everybody,

I've been going up and down DBCP's (and Tomcat's) homesite and haven't
found the answer to this:

Does Tomcat support (and manage) JTA?

I know there is Tyrex, which provides this support, but I don't want to
use it. From what I've read, it's somewhat obsolete, replaced by DBCP.
I'm currently using DBCP.

On the top of that, from what I've understood from reading Sun's JTA
specs (yes, I'm a newbie to JTA), one thing is to provide the JTA
connectivity support (which is provided by the JDBC driver), and a
different one to support JTA management (this is transaction management
and so...), which is responsibility of the container (Servlet container
/ App. Server). Am I right?

Will appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Freddy.