tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Freddy Villalba Arias" <fvilla...@madrid.bilbomatica.es>
Subject RE: JNDI and DataSource
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:35:12 GMT


 

 

Hi Sandy,

 

Thanks, it certainly looked better than mine. I appreciate it. However,
the problem persists...

 

Any other suggestion? (I'll keep looking at it, too... obviously)

 

 

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Sandy McArthur [mailto:Sandy@McArthur.org] 
Enviado el: lunes, 12 de abril de 2004 18:29
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: JNDI and DataSource

 

This shouldn't be all that different, but this is the server.xml I'd 

use on my setup.

 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

 

<Server debug="5" port="8081" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

   <GlobalNamingResources>

 

               <Resource name="jdbc/cnid" scope="Shareable" 

type="javax.sql.DataSource" cached="false"/>

 

               <ResourceParams name="jdbc/cnid">

                 <parameter>

                   <name>factory</name>

                   

<value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>driverClassName</name>

                   <value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>url</name>

                   

<value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@BMSRVORACLE:1521:BMSRVMS</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>username</name>

                   <value>SGC_CNID</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>password</name>

                   <value>****</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>driverClassName</name>

                   <value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>maxActive</name>

                   <value>20</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>maxIdle</name>

                   <value>10</value>

                 </parameter>

 

                 <parameter>

                   <name>maxWait</name>

                   <value>-1</value>

                 </parameter>

 

               </ResourceParams>

   </GlobalNamingResources>

 

 

   <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

 

     <Connector acceptCount="10"

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"

connectionTimeout="60000" debug="0" maxProcessors="75" minProcessors="5"

port="8080"/>

 

     <Engine debug="5" defaultHost="localhost" name="Standalone">

 

       <Host

appBase="C:\Usuarios\fvillalba\project\SGC\SGC_CNID\FUENTES\java\Acceso

a datos\Tomcat\webapps" debug="5" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">

 

             <DefaultContext>

                <ResourceLink name="jdbc/cnid"

                    global="jdbc/cnid"

                    type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

             </DefaultContext>

 

             <Context path="wa" docBase="..\..\Testing" debug="5" 

reloadable="true">

             </Context>

 

             <Context path="" docBase="..\..\Testing" debug="5" 

reloadable="true">

             </Context>

 

       </Host>

 

     </Engine>

 

   </Service>

 

</Server>

 

 

HTH

 

Sandy

 

On Apr 12, 2004, at 11:36 AM, Freddy Villalba Arias wrote:

 

> Yes and no... :)

>

> I have only one web application to be deployed (wa). Then, I read in

> some places that it's mandatory to have a default context. I tried

> defining a <DefaultContext> but then Tomcat's initialization failed (I

> looked for something odd but couldn't find anything). So, I decided to

> "create" a default (dummy) web app "by hand". That's the only intent
of

> that second web app. It doesn't even exist (there is no WEB-INF

> directory, leave alone web.xml). The good part: that solved the

> initialization problem.

>

> So, it's not what I originally wanted (I'd remove it if I knew how to

> "elegantly" solve the dummy web app - or just no default web app, if

> possible - issue), but it does the job for now (if you can provide
some

> insight on this other subject, I would also appreciate it).

>

> HTH.

>

> -----Mensaje original-----

> De: Sandy McArthur [mailto:Sandy@McArthur.org]

> Enviado el: lunes, 12 de abril de 2004 17:32

> Para: Tomcat Users List

> Asunto: Re: JNDI and DataSource

>

> You have a default context right after the wa context that doesn't

> specify a <Resource . Is that what you meant?

>

> Sandy

>

> On Apr 12, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Freddy Villalba Arias wrote:

>

>> [...]

>>               </ResourceParams>

>>

>>             </Context>

>>

>>             <Context path="" docBase="..\..\Testing" debug="5"

>> reloadable="true">

>>

>>             </Context>

>>

>>       </Host>

>>

>> [...]

>

>

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org

> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>

>

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org

> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

>

>

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org

For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/related (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message