tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh G <j...@gfunk007.com>
Subject JNDI/MYSQL - Too many connections
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 08:19:57 GMT
Hi, I'm getting this error after a while from tomcat, even though we're
running removeAbandoned, and every connection opened is explicitly closed:

Unrecoverable exception. Reason:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory, cause: Server connection failure during
transaction. Due to underlying exception: 'java.sql.SQLException: Data
source rejected establishment of connection,  message from server: "Too
many connections"'.
Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
         com.pirionsystems.he.sql.MySQLIndex.getSiteIdByAlias(MySQLIndex.java:46)
         com.pirionsystems.he.businessobjects.HeDBDocumentManager.getSiteIdByAlias(HeDBDocumentManager.java:310)
         com.pirionsystems.he.servlet.HeServletBase.setSite(HeServletBase.java:101)
         com.pirionsystems.he.servlet.HeServletBase.startupRequest(HeServletBase.java:85)
         com.pirionsystems.he.servlet.HeServlet.doGet(HeServlet.java:22)
         com.pirionsystems.he.servlet.HeServlet.doPost(HeServlet.java:37)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)

Anybody know what I should be looking for?

Cheers,
-Josh

         "Your headgear seems to be emitting a buzzing noise, sir.
                     Perhaps you have a bee in your bonnet?"

            [ Josh 'G' McDonald ]  --  [ Pirion Systems, Brisbane]

[ 07 3257 0490 ]  --  [ 0415 784 825 ]  --  [ http://www.gfunk007.com/ ]