tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: My own caching implementation...
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:52:12 GMT
The nav is not determined by the user so there is no need to store it in each user session
I would say. The database is hit to create these JSPs actually before tomcat is even started
up, so there is no cost in doing that.

Cheers ADC

	-----Original Message-----
	From: LILES, DAVID (CONTRACTOR) [mailto:DAVID.LILES@DFAS.MIL]
	Sent: Thu 08/04/2004 20:35
	To: Tomcat Users List
	Subject: RE: My own caching implementation...

	Not to get too wrapped up in "how-to"... since you are already going to the database to identify
the nav links for the person, was there a reason why you didn't put the results into a collection
and save it to session for the user? That way they are always available during their session.
When you display the page all you have to do is iterate through the collection to display
the nav links.....

	Just a thought....