tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject My own caching implementation...
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:25:13 GMT
Hi Guys

I have been trying to improve the performace of our app the past week and one of the things
I did was to cache our vast navigation systems as lots of JSPs each with the page ID as the
jsp filename.

Annnyway, this works fine but each time a page is accessed where the JSP include for the navigation
has not been used before there is a 3 second delay or so where presumably the include is compiled
because thereafter it is fast. Cool.

Now, a moment ago we pre-released a version to technical staff and what we saw was that even
pages that had been visited seemed after 5 clicks on them to re-compile?

I am just wondering if Tomcat will compile these include fragments again for some reason?
Should I be using development=false in the Jasper sevlet in servlet.conf to stop this happening??

Cheers Guys, ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055