tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angelov, Rossen" <Rossen.Ange...@thomsonmedia.com>
Subject Symbolic links in WEB-INF directory, Tomcat 5
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:47:44 GMT
Hi,

Can Tomcat work with symbolic links in WEB-INF instead of real directories?

I have allowLinking set up to true and the Resources element is in the
corresponding context but still Tomcat will fail deploying the application
if I have symbolic links.
<Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="true" />

My goal is to be able to link most of the contexts (from different virtual
hosts) to the same WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib.

Thanks,
Ross

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution."