tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rainald Suchan" <R.Suc...@ESRI-Germany.de>
Subject Tomcat 5, cross context problem
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:49:53 GMT
Hi,

I have 2 web applications, a JSP and a Servlet, that are in differed
contexts. For both I have set cross context to true. In the JSP I put
some attributes in the session and use a RequestDispatcher and call the
include() function to pass the request to the servlet. In the servlet I
get these attributes out of the session and put some other attributes in
the session. After returning to the JSP I get these new attributes again
out of the session. This all works ok with Tomcat 4. But now I tried
this with Tomcat 5.0.16 and the session passed between the two webapps
don't have the attributes in it any more in the other context. That
means If I put an attribute in the JSP in the session and get this
session back in the Servlet then this session doesn't contain my
attribute any more.
Is that a known issue with Tomcat 5?
Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Regards

Rainald