tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Greg Hall <greg.h...@evo-mail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 Clustering VERY slow - waitForAck problem
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:23:25 GMT
Many thanks for the help: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 solved the problem.

However, with clustering working, I have now found another problem: A
HashMap stored in the session is only replicated in one direction, i.e.

HashMap map = (HashMap)session.getAttribute("map");
map.put("key","value");

when run on server A, is replicated to server B,  but if the same code
(different key / value) is run on server B, the "map" is not replicated
back.

This is apparent with "useDirtyFlag" set to both true or false.

I have attached a servlet I used to verify this behaviour, which adds
any request parameters directly to the session and to the HashMap
contained in the session, and displays both in the browser window(s). I
tested without a load balancer.

I can of course force the replication, i.e.

HashMap map = (HashMap)session.getAttribute("map");
map.put("key","value");
session.put("map", map);

but I don't think this is how it's intended to work ?

Any idea's ?

Regards,
Greg.