tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hollerman Geralyn M <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject Apache certificate
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:42:14 GMT
A quick question about a security certificate. I am using Apache only for
rewriting requests to Tomcat - no mod_jk right now. We are implementing SSL
using Tomcat (v 5.0.16). My sysadmin (he deals with Apache, I deal with Tomcat)
tells me that when it comes to a security certificate, it has to be in a format
that both Apache and Tomcat can use, that even tho we're using Apache only to
re-write, Apache has to be able to recognize the certificate - and there cannot
be one for Apache and one for Tomcat. Is this correct? How is it that Apache
needs the certificate if we're not using it for SSL?

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.