tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Apache2 mod_ssl cert error to Tomcat
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:55:24 GMT
Hi.

I am trying to get Apache to reverse proxy (thru SSL) to Tomcat5 on a
different box.

I have a thawte cert, and both Apache / Tomcat work fine with SSL, but
when trying to pass an SSL session from Apache to Tomcat, Apache reports:

[Sat Apr 24 21:50:09 2004] [error] Certificate Verification: Error (20):
unable to get local issuer certificate
[Sat Apr 24 21:50:09 2004] [error] (20014)Error string not specified
yet: proxy: request failed to 10.2.0.62:443 (10.2.0.62)

On the Tomcat side, I am using the Thawte certificate (in a keystore),
and have also tried the Apache server cert/key that I've generated from
my own CA in it's place, but I get a similar error.

If any one can help, it's appreciated.

Conversely, if any1 knows how to encrypt packets between two Linux PC's
(apart from IPsec because that seems bust in RedHat ES3), that'd do me.

Thanks,
Pete.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.