tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Apache2 encryption to Tomcat5
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:58:46 GMT
Hi,

I've got Apache2 reverse proxing to Tomcat5 on a different box
(Linux's), accepting SSL to Apache and using the SSLProxyXXX directives
to terminate the SSL connection.

What I need is to provide a low grade encryption between the Apache2 and
Tomcat5 boxes.

I know in Tomcat conf to uncomment the SSL HTTP/1.1 connector, using the
SSLServerSocketFactory, but what I can't work out is how to get Apache
to forward requests to this connector, encrypted.

The reverse proxy is nice and simple, so I hope I can get this to work
without having to try jk2 connectors.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Pete.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.