tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Þór Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject Re: differences between java -s Vs java -X when the JVM is running
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:52:45 GMT
I think the later part of the line is missing :

normal line would be something like
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java -Xmx256m com.something.dot.javaclass

That means you have 256m maximum allowed heap memory usage for this JVM
(the whole runtime env. can take more though).

I'm not sure what the -S... is for, but you are probably not seeing the
whole line there.

hope it helps
-reynir