tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Aguilar <jagui...@lania.mx>
Subject Re: shared/lib again...
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:58:20 GMT
Sorry about not being clear enough last time.

Let's see...

>> The original problem was with a Filter, which was started at deployment.
>
>    Then to my opinion this is due to Filter initialization (not run-time
> usage) as implemented in Tomcat.

That was my first thought when you brought up the question about the moment of
the CNFE happening but I tried with classes needed at runtime (Velocity classes,
for example) and could not find those either. Using my code or your servlet.

>    Stop, now I've messed up. :-) Your code can not find some jars in
> question, but mine does??

No. Your code does not find things if I put in my application.
But it does find classes in jars in shared/lib within a test (almost empty)
application living in CATALINA_HOME/webapps.

I know it does not seem important but I have no other clues by now.