tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Bacon <ba...@best.com>
Subject Re: Classpath problems with tomcat on Linux 9
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:27:10 GMT
Hi Andy,

   I'm porting over to TC5 and I've not had any problems with it finding
my classes, *BUT* I don't put any classes into the base directory
itself, but below that.

So for example, my UserBean class is in
<myapp>/WEB-INF/classes/AccessCtrl and it is part of the package
"AccessCtrl" (i.e. first line of bean is "package AccessCtrl;")

The pages that use this include the directive:
<%@ page import="AccessCtrl.*" %>
so that it can find them.

Additionally, to avoid problems, I generally include the packagename
anyways in my useBean tags:
<jsp:useBean id="beanUser"
              class="AccessCtrl.UserBean"
              scope="session" />
Which shouldn't be necessary, but I find it increases readability anyways.

-Steve