tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Aguilar <>
Subject Offtopic: Re: Closed war class loading.
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:35:32 GMT

Jacob Kjome wrote:

> Upgrade to Tomcat-5.  It explodes war files by default...even on a Tomcat
> manager deploy.  I would still rethink using a technology that violates the J2EE
> by requriing access to the file sytem in order to work properly.

Just a claryfing note:
Velocity is not intended to be exclusively used within a ServletContainer, it
can be used in any java application. So, it comes with a FileResourceLoader, a
JarResourceLoader and a ClasspathResourceLoader (recommended to be used with

Owen: Why don't you try your hand at changing your velocity configuration in to use one of the other loaders with a packed war?

Julio César Aguilar Cabrera
Proyecto SIGC3, LANIA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: