tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: jboss tomcat integration
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:13:26 GMT
Peter Choe wrote:

> it's just that i have a lot of things configured on tomcat and i am not
> too familiar with jboss yet.

Most of those things can be configured on JBoss, too. Note that things tied to
JNDI (DataSources, etc.) are not configured from Tomcat, but from JBoss.

> my preference is to have things very modular for easier upgrade and
> switching.

That will be difficult with JBoss. Tomcat is not an add-on package in JBoss, it
is rather tightly integrated. I mean, yes, it is a service and you can
deploy/undeploy it at will, but upgrading to a new version is not something that
is documented. And sources of Tomcat do require hacking, in order to fit it into
JBoss.

> i guess after some time when i get use to jboss, i'll just so the
> integrated package.

Sooner, rather than later, I hope :-)

Nix.