tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat does not start !
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:58:40 GMT
locaslhost should be "localhost".

if that's an email typo, look in the tomcat logs and see what it says.

Pete.

birendar.waldiya@tcs.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed Tomcat  on my windows machine and set the CATALINA_HOME
> and JAVA_HOME as per installation instruction
>  when i try to start my tomcat ser ver i get following  output in the
>  dos prompt and  a new window get initiate d and that get exited
>  instantly.
> can anyone tell me what can be the problem
> i cant see anthing when i access http://locaslhost:8080
>
> the output on the dos prompt is :--
>
> *C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\bin>startup*
> *Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Tomcat\catalina\src*
> *Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Tomcat\catalina\src*
> *Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\temp*
> *Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jsdk1.4.2*
> *C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\bin>*
>
> *what can be the problem *
> *thanks *
> */rgds /*
>
> Birendar Singh Waldiya
>

> *"Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de>*
>
> 19-04-04 05:44 PM
> Please respond to
> "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> 	"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	RE: Tomcat , APache , Jserv
>

> - Tomcat is a servlet and jsp engine.
>
> - Tomcat can be used as a stand alone webserver
>
> - Apache is a webserver (with different features than tomcat,
>  if it is better depends on the requirements)
>
> - Apache can be integrated with tomcat by mod_jk[2]
>  (So Apache replaces tomcats own http stack)
>
> - jserv is a predessor of tomcat (historical,
>  only in parts technical) and had no own http stack.

the addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use of
the said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery
> of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information
belonging to Tata Consultancy Services. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed, forwarded,
distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee.
> Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful
act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message
need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services on any subject
matter.
> Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk
and neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services takes any responsibility
or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in
this message
> that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services or any affiliate of Tata Consultancy
Services. If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this message and
may please notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.