tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: JDNI, DBCP and global naming resources - problem solved!
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:14:30 GMT
Were your Driver classes in a jar in common/lib ?

Thomas Nybro Bolding wrote:

>Dunno if this might be of interest to others but I guess some might have
>or get the same problems as I have been through for the past couple of
>hours and therefore post my findings...
>
>Setting up a database connection pool in Tomcat is pretty straightforward:
>either edit the server.xml or use the admin module. In either event you
>might want to follow the guide at
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html.
>
>But beware as this might result in a
>"org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
>class '' for connect URL 'null', cause: No suitable driver" error even
>though you have followed the instructions. In this case simply move the
><ResourceParams name="jdbc/foo">...</ResourceParams> from the server.xml
>to your application located at ...\conf\Catalina\localhost\bar.xml as
>there seems to be an issue with global naming resources.
>
>Does anyone know whether a bugzilla report has been filed on this subject
>(I couldnt find one) or if one should be reported at all...
>
>Best regards Thomas
>

><FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
>Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved
en fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at
bruge svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende
eller kopiere den.
>Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus
og andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses,
aabnes den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade,
som er opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
>Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received
this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then
delete the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of
it.
>Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other
errors that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient
opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the receipt or use of this message.