tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How does tomcat redirect from login
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:43:42 GMT
There is no way to do that. Your best alternative is to NOT use
authentication/authorization via the spec and create some Servlet Filters to
perform the appropriate authentication and authorization checks. That way,
the filter can be smart enough to determine you user context and handle it
approriately.

The upside - is the path is very portable to othre conatiners. The downside
is you reinvent some of the wheel. Lucky for you  - there are other projects
on the Internet which use Filters for this very purpose  - so some of your
work might already be done.

-Tim