tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Aguilar <jagui...@lania.mx>
Subject Re: shared/lib again...
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:53:29 GMT

I've done several tests in Windows and this is what I found.
To remember my settings

No CATALINA_BASE defined. Tests done with CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib.

1. As being told, I can find jars put in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.

2.
>    What exactly the moment when CNFE is thrown? You said that the
> applications is not even start due to CNFE, so that classes are needed
> during deployment or while normal application functioning?

The original problem was with a Filter, which was started at deployment.

If I place the jar that contains the Filter class in WEB-INF/lib then the
application starts, but looking for classes needed after deployment (during a
normal run) I can't find them if the corresponding jars are in shared/lib.

3. Something I had not mentioned about my application (I did not thought it was
relevant) is that it lives outside the CATALINA_HOME directory, is referred to
by a context.xml file in CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost.

Using a test application in CATALINA_HOME/webapps and compiling the
IsThereThisClass servlet provided by Veniamin I can finally find the classes
within shared/lib.

So, could this be the cause of my problem?

Julio César Aguilar Cabrera
jaguilar@lania.mx
Proyecto SIGC3, LANIA