tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: jboss tomcat integration
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:59:04 GMT
Peter Choe wrote:
> i want to be able to use jboss as my ejb container and tomcat.  i know
> that jboss comes with tomcat integrated, but i want to be able use the
> tomcat instance that i already have running.
>
> i have tried to look for documentation on how this can be done, but
> haven't found any clear answers.
>
> has anyone integrated tomcat4.1 and jboss3.2?
>
> peter

get the following into the environment with which you build your
InitialContext:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=<jboss.address>:<jboss.jndi.port>

the code that looks up the EJB uses this context. Lookups will be done
against the JNDI server running in your JBoss, and proxies for remote
objects in that process will be returned.

You will probably need e.g. the jbossall-client.jar or similar in e.g.
WEB-INF/lib.

Jules

  * Jules Gosnell
  * Partner