tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: security permissions
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:17:04 GMT

Andrea Powles wrote:

>Hi Tomcat users,
>
>I wish for one of my web apps in Tomcat to execute another program on my computer using
the exec method. I know that I can’t currently do this due to the security restrictions.

>I have tried changing the Catalina policy file but I’m unsure of exactly what to do
so it didn’t work. Can someone please advise me of exactly what I need to add or modify
in order for my web app to have all permissions.

>I am aware of the security risks but at this stage it is more important that I get my
application to work. My web app runs as a servlet and is in a web app directory called ruddis.

try the following in catalina.policy:

> // These permissions apply only to your application
> grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/<<your webapp>>/-" {
> permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };

-- Jeanfrancois