tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Harrelson" <brooksharrel...@cs.com>
Subject Handling SOAP faults
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:03:57 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Tomcat 4.2.14, JDK 1.4.1, and I need to be able to return
a SOAP fault document with a response code of 500.  The only
way I've found to do this seems a bit of a hack, and I was
wondering if there was a better way.

Currently I'm passing the SOAP fault document in the session
variable which gets picked up by the error-page handler (a jsp)
when I issue the sendError(500).  This results in the SOAPfault
message appearing in the error-stream on the client as it should, it
just seems as though I ought to be able to write to the error-stream
directly, but I can't find how  in the doc, or googling.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Bill