tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carl Howells <chowe...@janrain.com>
Subject Importing an existing ssl *KEY* into my keystore
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:20:03 GMT
Since my company use using SSL for several different functions on our
target machine, we used openSSL to generate the key and certificate
signing request that we got our signed certificate made from.

Only after that did I discover that keytool is braindamaged, and it
won't import a key into a keystore.  It will only create a new key and
import certificates.

So how do I make this work?  I've searched and searched, and found many
people with the same problem, and no one's ever answered it.

I have no great attachment to the JKS store format, and would use
PKCS12, if I could find directions for building the PKCS12 file with the
entire certificate chain in it.  But a great deal of searching led me to
nothing there, as well.

Can anyone point me to instructions for getting either store format to
work with an existing key?