tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject RequestDispatcher and pageEncoding question...
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:02:28 GMT
List,

A servlet I am debugging and trying to understand sets the response's
contentType as follows:

response.setContentType( "text/html;charset=UTF-8" );

Shortly following the following forward is done:

request.getRequestDispatcher( jspPage ).forward( request, response );
response.getWriter().flush();

The JSP forwarded gets the response with the contentType set, but
commiting the response seems to reset the contentType to
text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1, the default.

The JSP in the forward does not set a pageEncoding attribute in the page
directive, so I'm pointing the finger there at the moment. Can someone
outline what is going on behind the scenes of the requestDispatcher call
that would be reseting the response's contentType?

Many thanks in advance,
Tim