tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Schmeets <m...@chipware.com>
Subject Tomcat As A Windows Service
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:59:27 GMT
I have set up a number of Tomcat installs to run as Windows Services,
but have come across one that I cannot get to work. The Windows Event
log shows entries like the following:
4/14/2004    3:09:24 PM    Service Control Manager    Information
None        The Apache-Catalina service entered the stopped state.
4/14/2004    3:09:24 PM    Service Control Manager    Information
None        The Apache-Catalina service entered the running state.
4/14/2004    3:09:24 PM    Service Control Manager    Information
None        The Apache-Catalina service was successfully sent a start
control.

What really puzzles me about this is that I can start the same instance
through startup.bat and it runs fine in a command window. I have
verified the paths in the service configuration and everything looks
fine. One more funny thing is that it does not produce any log files. I
have never come across a service problem that does not at least dump to
a log, like stderr.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark