tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Veniamin Fichin <3ca28...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: jsessionid parameter not being accepted
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:46:53 GMT
Malcolm Warren wrote:

> I wish it was as easy as you say...
> I know that I don't have to implement my own url re-writing, but I did,
> and it was a long time ago!
> Right now I don't really want to re-write everything - sending the
> jsessionid as an ordinary parameter worked in Jrun, can't it work in
> Tomcat?

    You may be required to implement custom Manager (see
org.apache.catalina.Manager interface), where you'll put your session id
generation logic. But if you are not absolutely forced to use that
old-fashined url-rewrite style, you should use session mechanism
described in Servlet spec. That spec also mentions url-rewrite solution,
when a user have switched cookie off, but still it is advisable to use
response.encodeURL(String) method.
    Read description of
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.encodeURL(String) for a more
advanced explanation.