tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Krüger <>
Subject Re: JTA support
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:43:36 GMT

Hi Freddy,

do you know (or anyone else for that matter) where to find instructions
  how to configure a minimal JBoss to provide Tomcat 5 with JTA? On the
JBoss website I can only see bundles with Tomcat 4. In case you succeed.
I would be interested in having a look at your configuration files. In
the medium term I would like to get rid of our current hacked
Tyrex-based JTA solution.

Freddy Villalba Arias wrote:

> Thanks, Robert. You've been quite helpful!
> In Fact, I'd already installed and configured JBoss, knowing that it was
> the best (cheapest / safest / easiest) option available; that is, those
> I could envision based on my knowledge / experience, of course -- for
> instance, I didn't know products such as JOTM (therefore, did not took
> it into account as a possibility).
> Based on your comments and my previous thoughts about this issue, I
> believe I'll just stick to JBoss, play it safe.
> Should anybody else have a different opinion, I'm still open to
> suggestions.
> Thanks everybody,
> Freddy.
Robert Krüger