tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andrew mercer <and...@sundayta.com>
Subject HOW TO - Include a directory as a context at startup
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:33:28 GMT
Hi All,

Does anyone know how one can add a directory as a parameter/argument at
startup so that the global application sees it in its path and can
access a jar file stored under this directory.

I have an application that uses an applet that needs to access the
relevant jar file as follows:

<param name=\"archive\" value=\"/[directory]/[Applet].jar\">

Using jetty I can add an extra context by having the following in the
jetty.xml configuration file:

<Call name="addContext">
   <Arg>/viewer</Arg>
   <Set name="ResourceBase">viewer</Set>
   <Set name="ServingResources">TRUE</Set>
</Call>

I have searched within the tomcat documentation/FAQ and archives and as
yet have not found how to do the same in tomcat.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks Andrew

--

Andrew Mercer, Sundayta Ltd. http://www.sundayta.com
iDocSys for Document Management. VisibleResults for Fundraising.