tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Aguilar <jagui...@lania.mx>
Subject shared/lib again...
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:51:17 GMT
I've read the ClassLoading part of Tomcat documentation and searched this list
but I've still found no clue to my recent problem:

Tomcat 5.0.19
JDK 1.4.2_03
Windows XP

I have several applications running with a common jar of my own in each
WEB-INF/lib and everthing works.
If I move that jar to %CATALINA_HOME%/shared/lib the applications wont start
reporting a CNFE about a class in the previously mentioned jar.

I can reproduce the problem in Linux (same version of Tomcat and JDK) placing
the jar in CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib or CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib.

Is there something that has to be done to be able to share a jar through
applications?

Thanks for any help.