tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 4 vs 5 form based container auth & filters
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:13:16 GMT
AFAIK it has something to do with providing a clean seperation between
the authentication (tomcat) and the application (your filter).

I think there were probably several reasons though for it, which
outweighed the reasons against, and I have heard a few of them.

Adam

On 04/12/2004 01:50 PM Martin Alley wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Why do you think this behaviour changed from tomcat4 ?
>
> I haven't gone into the full architecture of sitemesh, as yet, but I
> know it includes a filter.
>
> Martin

struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian