tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 4 vs 5 form based container auth & filters
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:25:53 GMT
Yes your observations are correct. It's my understanding that filters
are not invoked until after authentication. i.e. after the form-based
login.

I have no experience of site-mesh, but it seems a bit weird anyway to
put decorations on a page via a filter - surely you should be
encapsulating that sort of stuff in a JSP or taglib?

Adam

On 04/12/2004 11:02 AM Martin Alley wrote:
> Can anyone comment on this?
>
> Thanks
> Martin

struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2