tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat configuration tuning
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:16:42 GMT
LoginContext is part of the jdk1.4.  javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.
It is usually extended by others.  I found the very popular example on
javaworld.com
where the author created an RDBMDLoginContext.  I changed that to my own
OJBLoginContext
because I use Apache OJB.  Its pretty easy to write one, just override
each of the
methods.

Charlie

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>All our actions extend an abstract base action that handles auth if the session user is
null and then delegates to a subclass to do the actial work which is another way of what you
describe there.

>Hm...are you saying you use JCIFS also? Is the loginContext your own or part of the JCIFS
API.

>ADC

using the JCIFS NTLM authentication servlet as a filter. The filter is mapped to all requests
/*. I just thought to myself on the train home whether because NTLM is a 3-way handshake,
that this may be causing some kind of performance hit.

>	>The filter authenticates the desktop user and then populates the request.getRemoteUser.
I suppose I "could" do this once with a login servlet and then populate a session user object
and if that ever expires redirect back to the login servlet.

>	>Does anyone have an opinion on whether it would be worth my time removing the filter
per request in favour of a once-only login action.