tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03...@nifty.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5 vs. Resin?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:07:27 GMT
Hi Reynir

I'm not affiliated to the vendor but Resin 3.x doc is much improved
over it's 2.x era. See them at www.caucho.com.

Reynir Þór Hübner wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tested resin around alot. In my oppinion the docs for resin are
> bad, but the product seems to be good, and performes well.
> The resin website is very badly arranged and that again comes down on
> the docs.
>
> Maybe if you buy a version of resin you get something better, but I
> haven't seen that.
>
> hope it helps
> -reynir
>

> Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:
>
>> And, Resin is open-source, kind of ...
>>
>> Josh Rehman wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone compared Tomcat 5 and Resin?
>>>
>>> Resin has a huge drawback of being closed-source, but it has a great
>>> reputation for being small, fast, and easy to configure. Tomcat is
>>> working for us, but has been something of a bear WRT learning curves
>>> and gotchas, so I'm interested in learning more about the alternatives.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Hiroshi Iwatani

*stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about your
country? *for our better karma*