tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: configuring realm in web.xml
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:53:50 GMT
On 04/05/2004 02:02 PM Simone - Dev wrote:
> Hello All,
> I'm developing a webapplication that needs to authorize and authenticate
> users looking inside a database.
> Generally I'll be doing it adding a JDBCRealm inside the server.xml (or
> in the contex xml file)
> But I don't have access to these files.
> I'd like to know if it is possibile to define it inside the web.xml or
> if it's possibile to add some configuration for the context using the
> war archive.
>
> I looked on the web, and archive but didn't fine anything about it

Hi Simone
I haven't seen it mentioned for months but it used to be possible to set
up a jakarta-commons DBCP connection pool outside server.xml - I think
it was done in struts-config.xml but I am not sure. You should check the
commons-user or the struts-user mailing list archive.

Adam
--
struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian