tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hollerman Geralyn M <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject Apache security certificate vs. Tomcat security certificate
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:00:42 GMT
I currently have Tomcat 5.0.16 running using the SSL connector and a self-signed
certificate - I followed the directions in the Tomcat SSL HOW-TO in how to
create the certificate and set up Tomcat for SSL. This is running with no
problems in my development environment.

I have been asked to put SSL on our production Tomcat. It is also v 5.0.16. My
sysadmin gave me two files he uses for Apache, running with SSL, on another
system; he said he thought I would need them. They are called server.crt and
server.key - he said he was giving me the certificate and the key for it. How do
I intergrate this with Tomcat? How does this correspond to what I've got for
Tomcat - I presume that the .crt file is like the .cer file I exported from
cacerts.jks (my keystore), but what does the .key file correspond to? How does
that fit in?

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.