tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Sidney-Woollett" <joh...@wardbrook.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosting Revisited - Apache serving static pages..???
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:11:03 GMT
John B. Moore said:
> Thanks for responding.. And yes, I keep hearing that one can do this....
>
>    ... But...<G>  I'm slow I guess, because that still does not give me
> a hint as to "HOW" that is to be configured.. Do you have some virtual
> host directives that do this that I can use as examples..
>
>     Maybe my problem is that I  am thinking I could have the static
> pages located under Apache/htdocs and the jsp pages under
> Tomcat/webapps..   I can't find and example that combines the standard
> Apache virtual host directives with what is needed to also direct the
> jsp to Tomcat..  I can easily to each separately, but have yet to find a
> way to do "both"

Here you go...

# External IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.111:80>
    ServerName test.mydomain.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster@mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/test.mydomain.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/test.mydomain.com/error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/test.mydomain.com/access_log combined
    JkMount /someurl/MySpecialServlet worker1
    JkMount /admin/* worker1
    JkMount /manager/* worker1
    JkMount /*.jsp worker1
</VirtualHost>

Create as many JKMount entries as you need to map all your servlets and
JSPs. Whatever doesn't match any of the JkMount entries will be handled by
Apache from the document root (/var/www/test.mydomain.com in this
example).

You can even route the different servlet/jsp requests to different tomcat
workers (if that is needed or works for you).

Hope that helps.

John Sidney-Woollett