tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "MARU, SOHIL (SBCSI)" <sm8...@sbc.com>
Subject No Suitable Driver Problem
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:02:05 GMT
Hey Doug,
   I tried moving the username up, still does not work, any other clues,
am still stumped.
Thanks,
Sohil

Server.xml
				<Context path="/loa"
docBase="C:\software\eclipse\workspace\HRTechnology\TOMCAT_ROOT"
reloadable="true">
					<Resource name="jdbc/loacenet"
auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
					<ResourceParams
name="jdbc/loacenet">
						<parameter>

<name>password</name>

<value>databasepassword</value>
						</parameter>
						<parameter>
							<name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:oracle:thin@[machinename]:1521:[sid]</value>
						</parameter>
						<parameter>

<name>driverClassName</name>

						</parameter>
						<parameter>

<name>username</name>

<value>user</value>
						</parameter>
					</ResourceParams>
				</Context>
However when I try to load my plugin in the struts application, I get
the following exception. I looked at everything on archives and on there
people were complaining about NULL for driverClassName, in my case, it
reads the drivername and url properly and still blows up. Please help. I
am using Tomcat 5.0 with the latest ojdbc14.jar/commons-dbcp-1.1.jar in
common/lib and am trying to connect to oracle 8.1.7.

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' for connect URL
'jdbc:oracle:thin@[machinename]
:1521:[sid]', cause:
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:743)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:518)
        at
com.sbc.hrtech.framework.utility.InitializerPlugin.init(InitializerPl
ugin.java:41)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServle
t.java:1158)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:473)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:1044)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:88
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3960)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
283)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:832)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:518
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
19)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:234
5)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:598)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:398)
Excpetion in InitializerPlugin

The java code in the plugin is as follows
			Context init = new InitialContext();
			Context ctx = (Context)
init.lookup("java:comp/env");
			DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)
ctx.lookup("jdbc/loacenet");
			c = dataSource.getConnection(); -- line which
blows up
			st = c.createStatement();