tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <>
Subject Re: JDK 1.5 beta new features
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:30:31 GMT
ahh now I see.
you're using generics.   I don't think jasper currently supports those features, since square
brackets and "<>" have other meaning in JSP.  kinman and jan would have a better idea
of when support for it will be implemented. I would have guessed it would work, since scriplet
normally gets dumped into the servlet code with minimal modifications.

juhani <> wrote:
Hello! Test JSP is created after an example from page
(Autoboxing and Auto-unboxing of Primitive Types).

ArrayList list = new ArrayList();
list.add(0, 42);

Fails to compile:

Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\_\org\apache\jsp\ '('
or '[' expected
ArrayList list = new ArrayList();

C:\tomcat>\j2sdk1.5.0\bin\java -version
java version "1.5.0-beta"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-beta-b32c, mixed mode)

C:\tomcat>bin\catalina run
Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\tomcat\temp
Using JAVA_HOME: \j2sdk1.5.0

--- Peter Lin wrote:
> I run multiple jdk's on my system, so I always edit catalina file
> and put JAVA_HOME in there manually.
> other than that, I didn't make any changes other than add entries
> to the user xml file. which jsp compilation feature are you
> referring to ?

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: