tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: how many sessions can read the ServletContext() at a time
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:23:14 GMT

applications that do lots of streaming large files probably should be benchmarked. Once you
have that info, you may want to weigh whether or not you need to use a servlet container that
uses native libs for network IO. Resin and Weblogic both use native libs if I remember correctly.

peter

Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de> wrote:

Sorry, that doesn't answer my question.

Is the video the same in each instance ?

If it is, you need just one instance of the video
that is accessed by all servlets. In this case the
costs to access the video are quite low compared
against the cost to write the stream. So it's most
likely the later that will limit your concurrent
sessions.

You won't get any estimates from me, you have to
test with your environment and your application. In
my exprience these factors have much more effect on
the performance than tomcat itself.