tomcat-users mailing list archives

From a a <user10982...@yahoo.com.hk>
Subject Urgent pls help ! Protection problems of using Realm
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:10:06 GMT
Dear all,

  I know using Realm can protect certain resouces of a url. But I found it is not possibly
to use it in my server.

  My case is that I can't store the username and password of the roles and users in my server.
I need to send the authenication information in a format of xml file to a foreign server and
get back the login result from that server. So I can't use Realm to check the roles and password
and do authentication directly in my server.

  Is there any method that can solve that problem ? or any method instead of using Realm ?
or override the current settings of Realm ?

Thankyou very much !
kawai

必殺技、飲歌、小星星...
浪漫鈴聲  情心連繫