tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mohit agarwal <mohit4j...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject (Query)Running Program on Tomcat
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:11:38 GMT
Hello,
 Please help me come out of this problem.
 The environment i m having is:
 Operating System - Windows XP
 J2sdk1.4.2_04
 Tomcat 5.0.19

 I am able to compile my servlet program, but when it comes to running it
 i got the HTTP Status Error 404 which points to file not found.

 I came to that i need to do some configuration settings.
 Asper the info i had uncommented both the Servlet and the Servlet -Mapping for the invoker
servlet which are commented out in this version.

 I was hope ful that the program would run biut it still shown the same error.

 The entire program consisting of index.html , the .class file and the web.xml is contained
in the greeting folder which is placed inside
 the webapps folder..

 Try to point the solution to my problem.Moreover tell me if for JSP also i need to do some
configuration settings.

 Regards,
 mohit