tomcat-users mailing list archives

From prasad chaturvedula <popra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Known problem with tomcat, jndi datasourc - PLEASE HELP
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:49:43 GMT
Hi

Can pleae you give me pointers to solutions to the
problem of a null for teh driverclass name, there
seems to be no solution in the archives till date.
Thanks.

Prasad

--- "MARU, SOHIL (SBCSI)" <sm8971@sbc.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>     I have been scouring the mailing list archives
> and lot of other
> places. I am seeing a problem configuring a
> datasource with Tomcat. I
> have put the following entry in my server.xml
>
> 				<Context path="/loa"

docBase="C:\software\eclipse\workspace\HRTechnology\TOMCAT_ROOT"

<value>jdbc:oracle:thin@[machinename]:1521:[sid]</value>
> 						</parameter>
> 						<parameter>
>
> <name>driverClassName</name>
>
> <value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value>
> 						</parameter>
> 						<parameter>
>
> <name>username</name>
>
> <value>user</value>
> 						</parameter>
> 					</ResourceParams>
> 				</Context>
> However when I try to load my plugin in the struts
> application, I get
> the following exception. I looked at everything on
> archives and on there
> people were complaining about NULL for
> driverClassName, in my case, it
> reads the drivername and url properly and still
> blows up. Please help. I
> am using Tomcat 5.0 with the latest
> ojdbc14.jar/commons-dbcp-1.1.jar in
> common/lib and am trying to connect to oracle 8.1.7.
>

> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot
> create JDBC driver of
> class '
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' for connect URL
> 'jdbc:oracle:thin@[machinename]
> :1521:[sid]', cause:
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>         at

java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
>         at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
> rce.java:743)
>         at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
> .java:518)
>         at

com.sbc.hrtech.framework.utility.InitializerPlugin.init(InitializerPl
> ugin.java:41)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServle
> t.java:1158)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:473)
>         at

javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
> java:1044)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:88
> 7)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
> t.java:3960)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
> 283)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:832)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:518
> )
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
> 19)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:234
> 5)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:598)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>         at

> java:39)
>         at

> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:398)