tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: JSPC not finding servlet files
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:44:51 GMT
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 04:27:50PM +0100, Allistair Crossley wrote:
: Last night I used the JSPC ant build to precompile all my JSPs. This created a
: SRC folder under my WEB-INF and a file called generated_web.xml but no
: classes? Therefore when I placed the web.xml entries and restarted and tried
: to run my apps lots of servlet not found exceptions occured. I noted in the
: build.xml that the classes should be compiled into WEB-INF/classes but they
: were not??? evern though the build said successful after compiling 94
: classes...there was however 1 class that did not compile ... would this have
: caused NO classes to be compiled and saved or did they go somewhere else?

Which version of Tomcat?
What's in your build.xml??

By JSPC, do you mean "org.apache.jasper.JspC" aka "jasper2" in most
docs?

This class produces the raw Java sources from the JSP files. After that,
you still have to call javac to compile the sources.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com