tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kam Lung Leung" <kle...@wlwa.com>
Subject Can someone help me to fix the soft link problem in Tomcat 4.1.27
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:53:37 GMT
Hi,

I installed Tomcat 4.1.27 on our server and drop a myApp.war into the webapps
directory. We restart Tomcat and wait for it to finish to unpack all web
components, then we stop Tomcat. We create a soft link within our web component
to point to directory outside the root context of our web component. But Tomcat
says the requested resource is not available when we try to access the soft
linked directory from the browser. In fact a "null" shows up in the last
modified column. Can someone please tell me what to do to fix this problem.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kam