tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VEGH Karoly <karoly.v...@uta.at>
Subject one apache, more tomcat installations, one mod_jk, NameVirtualHost JkDirectives
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:00:44 GMT

Hi.

Shortly: I have problems with configuring more tomcat installations
with one apache installation on one linux box.

apache2 2.0.48
mod_jk2 - compiled from new source
tomcat 4.1.30

I set up the NameVirtualHosts thing in apache, but I'm not sure
which is the right way to go on.

I would like to use more workers2.properties files, so that the tomcat
instances are completely separated from eachoter (own shm files, etc.)

but in mod_jk2.so the workers2.properties filepath is hardcoded: ...

atsrvlx03:/etc/apache2# strings /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so | grep -i workers2
${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
atsrvlx03:/etc/apache2#

... and I have only one apache installation, no separated serverRoot.
This means I must have an /etc/apache2/conf/workers2.properties file.

Unfortunately I cannot just use the uri directives: ...

[uri:/Project1/servlet/*]
info=Project1 - DEV
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
debug=0

... in the central workers2.properties file, since I have two tomcat
installations or the same project with the Project1 name, one DEV installation
and one TEST installation.

I did the following in the VirtualHosts:

atsrvlx03:/etc/apache2# cat sites-available/project1-dev01
NameVirtualHost *:80

 <VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName project1-dev01.utalan.at
        ServerAdmin it.sas.bss@uta.at

        DocumentRoot /var/www/
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/project1-dev01-error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/project1-dev01-access.log combined

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
        JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/conf/project1-dev01-workers2.properties
        JkMount /PROJECT1/servlet/MainServlet/* ajp13
        JkMount /PROJECT1/servlet/MainServlet ajp13
        JkLogFile "/var/log/apache2/project1-dev01-mod_jk.log"

    <Location "/*.jsp">
            JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>
    <Location "/PROJECT1/servlet/MainServlet/*.jsp">
            JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>

</IfModule>

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel debug

        ServerSignature On

</VirtualHost>
atsrvlx03:/etc/apache2#

in the apache log at trying to acces the site, I only get:

[Sun Apr 04 17:56:50 2004] [error] workerEnv.init() create slot epStat.0 failed
[Sun Apr 04 17:56:50 2004] [error] mod_jk.handler() Error connecting to tomcat 120000

What kind of information is neccessary more?

any help is appreciated.

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
 We don't believe this to be a coincidence."