tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Rutten" <>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.19, IIS, Windows XP
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:51:52 GMT
I am having problems getting the examples to work in an "out of the box"
scenario. Here is what I have installed:

1) JSDK 1.4.2_02 (auto-upgraded to 1.4.2_02-b03) with JAVA_HOME set
2) Tomcat 5.0.19 installed and running as a service. The only options
changed during install were the directory (changed to C:\Java\tomcat5.0.19)
and installing as a service. It appears to be working as going to
http://localhost:8080 brings up the manager appropriately. I can also get to
the examples with http://localhost:8080/jsp-examples.
3) JK2 redirector installed using the install4iis.js script included in the
zip file. I made a minor change to the script to create the Filters for the
default web site, which I am confident is correct. You don't need the change
if you have a Filter currently set up at that level. I copied the to my TOMCAT\conf area (killing the .samples). I
did have to change it slightly since the examples changed. Here are the
current contents:

info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.

# Example socket channel, override port and host.

# define the worker

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space

info=Status worker, displays runtime information

info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler

I can successfully go to http://localhost/jkstatus. However, when I go to
http://localhost/jsp-examples, the browser just hangs. It doesn't even time
out. I also notice that in the application event log, there is the following

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	Apache Jakarta Connector2
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2