tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fábio Araújo <Ara...@trifax.com.br>
Subject digest authentication
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:01:21 GMT
Hi

	I'm a new Tomcat's user and I'm trying to configure Digest Authentication without success.
I'm able to work with Basic authentication (login is working perfectly), but with digest the
browser ask user and password information but the user never get a success login. I tested
with Tomcat 5.0.19 and Tomcat 4.1.29 and got the same results. I tried access the pages with
3 diferent browsers Mozzila 1.5, IE 6.0 and Konqueror 3.1-15.

	The only doc that I found tell to change the WEB.XML <auth-method> tag to "DIGEST".

	What is my error ?  Where can I find more documentation about digest authentication using
Tomcat ?

	Here is the relevant part of my web.xml:

<security-constraint>
    <display-name>Tomcat Server Configuration Security Constraint</display-name>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
      <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may access this area -->
      <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <!-- Login configuration uses form-based authentication -->

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>DIGEST</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Tomcat Server Configuration DIGEST Authentication Area</realm-name>
  </login-config>

  <!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
  <security-role>
    <description>
      The role that is required to log in to the Administration Application
    </description>
    <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
  </security-role>

Thank you in advance